Women In Leadership – 3 day programme
It’s important for women to recognise their leadership potential and embrace their leadership style. Our programme specifically designed for women will help you to address real challenges and grow in confidence and energy to offer and achieve more professionally. Using the latest psychometric tool you will be able to unleash your strengths and talents as well as take away your very own leadership development plan.
Women already play a prominent part in leadership in Africa. This course aims to build on this success, to encourage women to contribute at their best in the development of their leadership and contribution to the success of their teams and organisations everyday.
Our three day programme is targeted at women already with leadership and managerial experience with an appetite for more. It includes but is not limited to the following:
Self Awareness and Strengths:
- Understand your strengths using an up to date psychometric tool and clarify how these can be used in your leadership style to enhance your performance and contribution
- Develop awareness through discussion how to bring your strengths and talents to your role – more consciously, proactively and effectively
- Work with feedback to create clarity on how enhance and augment your leadership style
- Consider how to maximise the use your talents in your organisational and cultural context, to increase your work satisfaction and meet the organisational goals.
Self and Skills:
- Unleash your confidence by creating the most helpful set of beliefs and behaviours available to you and your key stakeholders
- Develop assertiveness and constructive approaches to conflict and influencing from developing your Emotional Intelligence
- Create an up to date plan for your image, visibility and networking skills to achieve career success consistent with your capability
- Hear from inspiring Ugandan women leaders what they have learnt from their own success and challenge.
Strategies and Support:
- Analyse where the best possible opportunities may be for your capabilities and ambitions
- Create a Leadership Development Plan to build on your strengths, aspirations and goals
- Generate the most positive approach to your network to ensure you deliver your desired leadership contribution
- Benefit from peer support, follow on learning opportunities and email coaching support with your tutor for six months to maintain enthusiasm and achieve success.
Benefits you may expect from the programme, for you and your organisation:
- A clear action plan to help you advance into a senior leadership role
- Learning through peer discussions, debates and feedback about how to address real challenges faced by women leaders in Uganda in their current roles
- Self awareness, skills development and leadership knowledge using well known models to grow in confidence and energy to offer and achieve more professionally
- Access to a strong supportive network of peers and your tutor who will remain on the learning journey beyond the programme.
Your tutor is Gill How, who has extensive experience of personal and professional development. She is committed to leadership development which builds on the best of Ugandan culture and context.